Let me start by telling why I wrote this article. While preparing for ISI, CMI I faced problems when faced with probability concepts like Independent events,Dependent events,Bayes Theorem and other related topics. Over time I learnt these topics and gained enough knowledge to do tough problems in these topics. I will be providing various sources so that you, my readers will be benefited.
- Discrete Probability by Hugh Gordon
This book was recommended by B.J.Venkatachala sir. It explains everything from basics and is a good read for beginners. The Random Variables chapter and parts thereof can be ignored. Link to the book is given below,
- A First Course In Probability by Sheldon Ross
A great read. Must read book. All the concepts have been clearly explained.Link,
- Probability through Problems
An advanced book. More abstract, but has some very good problems. Do try the problems in Chapter 7. Link,
- Other good sources include Arihant Algebra book. Has some very good subjective problems. Also read this article(link below) by math department of UC Davis.
- Link– https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiLt–k__7UAhWLo48KHcHPAucQFgguMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.math.ucdavis.edu%2F~gravner%2FMAT135A%2Fresources%2Fchpr.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGU3ucmWQwYRggeRJsjfQKORXeZwQ
Thank you for reading, do comment and follow our blog.